Thursday 20 October 2011

Erm... more beans and more potatoes.....

Hiya!

Before we get to the beans and potatoes, I've got a pumpkin update from a couple of weeks ago.... Slowly turning more orange :-) The kids are getting excited!


Paul tried to dig a bit more for me (left piccie) but it was really hard going.... I meanwhile dug up some more spuds as you can see on the right....


I planted the rest of my leeks and earthed up the ones I'd planted before.  You can see the difference in size....


I carefully sorted through all my potatoes.... Seconds go in the cardboard box, the perfect ones go in the M&S carrier bag (not just any potatoes....)


And my little tiddlers went into the bucket for roasting whole - nom, nom, nom!


And yet more runner beans.... getting fed up of preparing them now! This must be the last of them, surely?


My tomato plants are still going strong. Between the two of them they give us enough tomatoes to keep us going every week! I can't believe how much better they taste than the supermarket ones....


I've got to start thinking about what to do with my bare ground..... I've had all year round cauliflowers recommended and onion sets for over-wintering.  Any other suggestions? I must get to the garden centre.... :-)

Love 'n' hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Garlic? There are also lots of brassicas such as broccoli, winter cabbage, spring cabbage that can over winter but it's a bit late to plant them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious of your tomatoes and potatoes. I've not got enough room for main crop and no greenhouse. But I do have something you don't have - a bean slicer. It's brilliant as it strings and slices in one go. You can get one here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Krisk-Bean-Stringer-and-Slicer/dp/B0001IXA9Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1319182693&sr=1-3. xx

    ReplyDelete