Friday 25 February 2011

Oooooh! How exciting!!!

So... I've recently had a phonecall telling me I can have an allotment - woohoo!

The last couple of years I've tried growing a few veggies in my garden but as that is where the boys like to play football, I really needed somewhere more suitable. And then I find out that there's some allotments right next to George's school! And I never knew! I couldn't ask for a better site - let's face it, I've got to go there 5 days a week anyway!

So I get to meet Mr Allotment on 18th March and what, choose my plot I suppose??? Or be allocated a plot. Not quite sure how it works yet. Or how much work is involved. At least I've got a bit of help from my big, strong man :-) Thankyou, Paul!

So I've been reading every allotment website under the sun and trying to find some helpful blogs to follow (the idea being that I see what more experienced people do and then do it myself!) but I haven't had much luck. Any and all suggestions/advice gratefully received!

So, this is it. My adventures in a Birmingham allotment. The 18th March seems a bit late in the year to be starting but I'm not in control of that so we'll just have to make the best. Can't wait to get started!

Here we go....

Love 'n' hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel, we used to have an allotment, but as we both worked full time we had to give it up :( who knows now that we have both retired we may start again. Good luck with your new venture and tho' not very experienced if I can offer any help I will do - it is very satisfying growing your own produce.

    ReplyDelete