Thursday 23 June 2011

Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens

Hiya!

I've been promising to show these piccies of our visit to Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens for a while so I thought it was about time I got around to it!

We had a lovely time. There are lots of pretty flowers....


And I love the secret garden style little doors you can find.....


But I was mostly interested in the edibles they are growing... Gooseberries:


HUUUUGE bean wigwams:


All sorts of cabbages, lettuces and beans:


And they've got a beautiful orchard. This is one of their pear trees:


And some more pretty flowers :-)


We had a lovely time. Well worth a visit if you can make it over :-) Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of when we saw Animals in Hands - mainly because my hands were full with frogs, cockroaches, snails and other creatures! Loved it! If you ever get a chance to see them, make sure you do!

My thanks to Yvonne and Graham for letting us know about the event and getting some tickets for us before the rush! :-)

Love 'n' hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice day out, I don't really ever think to visit gardens which is a bit silly really as I'm sure I'd enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a fab garden Mel. And oooh gooseberries - yummy, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to visit - love to hold all the creepy crawlies.

    You asked what weed killer I resorted to use. It's Roundup

    I very very rarely use any - in fact I can't remember the last time I did - but the bindweed has gone rampant and despite my constant digging out of roots, it's still a pain - mainly due to seeds being blown over from other plots - ditto the thistles and dock weeds. The latter we just dig and dig and dig year in year out a never ending task.

    ReplyDelete