Wednesday 20 July 2011

Oooooh! I love fresh peas!!!

And finally I've got enough to make a meal out of! Yummy!


They were lovely with my broccoli.....


and spuds.....


and a nice piece of fish :-) I felt really proud of myself!

My beans are finally doing what they're supposed to - they don't always grow around the cane they were supposed to but at least they're growing in the right direction!


There are more yummy peas fattening up for my next dinner.....


And some salad stuff I forgot to label.... erm, a type of lettuce I think.....


and some radishes.... Maybe they should be the other way round??? Can't show you the rocket leaves though cos apparently the slugs like them the best :-( Put some slug blocker down now though to protect whatever's left.....


My pumpkin plants are doing quite nicely - not as big as the monster in my greenhouse but I'm quite pleased with their progress!



And look! Proper onion sized onions!!! I'm starting to feel like maybe I can do this allotment-y thingy afterall. Not bad for a novice!


Wishing you lots of sunny weather!

Love 'n' hugs,

2 comments:

  1. I bet your home-grown dinner was delicious. I've just eaten my 5 courgettes, LOL. Allotment is looking really fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, LOVE fresh peas! In fact I think my favourite dinner (from when I was a child on holiday at my grandparents) is peas just out of their pods, some grilled bacon and then freshly dug spuds served with loads of butter and salt. YUM!

    ReplyDelete